planeta hilda

um blog de hilda portela

Saturday, October 22, 2005

WIP: SOFT WOOL NECK WARMER


WIP: SOFT WOOL NECK WARMER, originally uploaded by planeta hilda.

I have been knitting as much as I can while in the shop and I feel that knitting fever is coming back.

I knitted a loopy neckwarmer last winter using cherry berries colinette point 5 and 9 mm needles and I loved it. It is a quick and quite rewarding project, just the way I like... Now I am knitting this neckwarmer in a much lighter yarn on 4 mm needles and I guess it doesn't look the same pattern at all (though I didn't actually used a pattern and followed my knitter's instinct and a simple combination of knit and purl for ribbing and loop stitch).

Lots of different stitches featured in Knitting Stitches Library. I want to try them all!

These knitted shoes are great fun. I would love to design and knit some if I only could craft a shoe or a boot!

I found this picture of this beautiful, inspiring scarf.

4 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Rosângela Lima said...

Nossa, quantas coisas vc. faz. Onde consegue tempo? Preciso saber, pra aprender também,
Gostei de visita-la, seu blog está sempre cheio de novidades.
Bom, até a próxima.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Strikkelise said...

That's beautiful. Love all the loops.

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your creations!
What a pretty yarn! Is it handpainted by you or is it one of the new Colinette yarns? Can you let us know? Thanks

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger planeta hilda said...

it is "fashion", 100 % wool from www.rosarios4.com, (http://www.rosarios4.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi), a portuguese yarn mill. i guess they don't sell online, but i suppose they can list the shops that carry rosários 4 yarns. 6,5 to 7 mmm needles are mentionned on the label, but i took a double strand of yarn and 6 mm for this neckwarmer. i use to knit a single strand on 4 mm, needles, the recommended 6,5 to 7 mm are far too thick for this yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home