planeta hilda

um blog de hilda portela

Thursday, October 07, 2004

DE SEVILLA AL CIELO


baby orange, originally uploaded by planeta hilda.

I lived in Seville in the mid eighties and it remains one of my favourite cities. One of my inspirations too. I will allways like and use in my clothing or in my creations, flares, dots, lace, shawls and lots of other images and colours that I brought in my memories straight away from Andaluzia. I love wearing flamenco shoes, try some, they are wisely high healed but enough to make your legs feel taller, they are comfortable to walk and really neat. My cooking is mostly inspired by these southern flavours too, blended with others since I am northern Spain born, grew up at Lisbon, raised in a french school and lover of most exotic flavours. Seville streets are full of orange trees which flowers smell wonderfully when blossom. You cannot eat this kind of oranges though they are quite bitter but their juice can be used as a lettuce salad seasoning. I knitted this orange baby hat using some cotton yarn leftover and green felt for the leaves, the large leaf beeing stuffed and quilted. I was having a glass of Tinto de Verano, a spanish summer drink: just take a tall glass, pour half red wine, half sparkling lemonade, a slice of lemon and ice cubes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home